St. Andrew’s School continues to follow all federal and provincial safety guidelines. The Ministry of Education and Child Care released a “Communicable Disease Update” on August 25, 2022, which reflects directives from the BCCDC (BC Centre for Disease Control). Vancouver Coastal Health also held a Webinar on August 25, 2022, with its recommendations.
Health and Safety Updates
• Health Checks: Please continue to do a health check on your child every morning. If they do not feel well, please keep them at home. All individuals, “should not come to school if they are sick.” Any child not feeling well at school will be sent home.
• Masks: Students and staff are not required to wear masks. However, if anyone makes a personal decision to wear a mask, they are free to do so and will be respected.
• Hand Hygiene: The school will continue with regular hand sanitizing upon entering and exiting the building and prior to consuming food.
• School Cleaning: The school facilities will be cleaned and sanitized on a daily basis by our janitorial team. In addition, “Frequently touched items like toys or manipulatives that may not be able to be cleaned often (e.g. fabrics) or at all (e.g. sand, foam, playdough, etc. and carpets and rugs (e.g. for circle time activities) can be used.”
• Visitors: Visitors are permitted in the school. However, prior to entering, please ensure that you are feeling well and sign in at the school office. No one should come into the school building if they are sick.
• Library: “Regular book browsing and circulation processes can occur as per routine practice.”
• Vaccines: “It is important to get all recommended vaccine doses to get the most effective protection against serious cases of COVID-19.” Please note, the school is not collecting or keeping any COVID-19 vaccination records.
As we have all experienced in the past few months, regulations and guidance can change rapidly. The school will strive to keep parents informed of any changes.