|Category:||Administration Files 2018|
|Date:||November 22, 2017|
We welcome all children to St. Andrew’s school. However, we also adhere to the policies of the Catholic Independent Schools of the Archdiocese of Vancouver (CISVA). Per section 11.1 of the CISVA policy manual, the priorities for admission into elementary schools are outlined as follows.
For the purposes of this policy, “practicing Catholics” shall mean those individuals who are registered in a parish and attend Sunday Mass regularly, “active in the parish” shall mean those who support the parish by using envelopes (no minimum amount specified) and participate in volunteer activities. Below is the order in which students are admitted/readmitted to St. Andrew’s each school year.
- Children presently enrolled in the school if they and their families meet the expectations of the school.
- Siblings of children already in the school whose families are practicing Catholics and are active in the parish.
- Children whose families are practicing Catholics active in the parish.
- Siblings of children already in the school, whose families are practicing Catholics and active in other parishes.
- Children whose families are practicing Catholics coming into the parish, who have been attending Catholic school elsewhere.
- Children whose families are practicing Catholics active in other parishes.
- Children whose families are either not practicing Catholics or not active in their Parishes.
- Non-Catholics. Enrollment of more than 15% non-Catholics in any grade requires the approval of the Board of Directors. Once accepted into the school, non-Catholics need meet only the criteria expected of other students to be re-admitted in subsequent years. Siblings of non-Catholics cannot be given priority over Catholics.